The Art of Sutra

Sutra comes from Sanskrit, the ancient and sacred language of India. It also describes the teachings of the Buddha, the enlightened being who have mastered the truth, the knowledge and path of liberating the soul from samsara (continuous cycle of birth). Living is an Art, and Life is a blessing. Everything I do in my artwork – is a reflection of who I am – my soul mission and my contribution to humanity.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Jean Vengua's Left Hand

An honour. I hardly know the person. But she responded with ease. She sent me an outline of her hands, left and right. The next thing you know, I sent her the finished drawing. What can I say? An old soul, lost in her labyrinthe and walls too high that sometimes a person can not touch her nor see her. Multi-talented and always sensitive. Fragile, but seemingly strong. Eloquent. Jean, you're sometimes there, and sometimes nowhere. You're like a comet, rotating around the universe. Always bringing a handful of news from your journey.

Seeing more and more of the drawing, it spoke to me. Jean was once a Priest (in her previous life). A Capuchin Monk, devoted. Jean was very happy with her vocation, serving the Lord God. But the influential Archbishops during those times made her see reality that we can not trust our lives even to those in higher ranks. Believing within, reaching-out. Her soul reaches the highest note in her head and after that it's blank. The notes turn to writings. And writings became an outburst. Her hand reaches you, but she speaks her own language. Her love for the Lord became a question. And the Lord says, "One Day, I will let you see the reasons why, I created good and evil. Now, learn from it."
click 2x for bigger pix.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ivy said...

This is so lovely, and such a very intriguing reading...

Friday, 26 November, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home