The Art of Sutra

Sutra comes from Sanskrit, the ancient and sacred language of India. It also describes the teachings of the Buddha, the enlightened being who have mastered the truth, the knowledge and path of liberating the soul from samsara (continuous cycle of birth). Living is an Art, and Life is a blessing. Everything I do in my artwork – is a reflection of who I am – my soul mission and my contribution to humanity.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

When the image appeared like the Sun Crying. I was surprised of the image and try to preserve it the way it is. My hand so eager to add few lines around its crown, almost afraid that it would lost its shape. I found out that Inca and Mayan culture has symbols like the Crying Sun or Moon. What are my connections with those culture. Perhaps, during the Spanish colonization of the Philippines, there were trading between Mexico and other Spaniard's colony. Were there Mexicans brought to the Philippines that became my ancestors?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home